Sunday, May 9, 2010

Rhapsody Rampage

I have recently found a site for downloading music that has made it so much easier to get music. On Friday, I found rhapsody, a music downloading website similar to iTunes. I heard about it on a tv comercial while holding my iPod so I decided to look it up. It is better than iTunes in the fact that you can download as many songs that you want for ten dollars a month. On iTunes you pay a certain amount per song which is either $0.99 or $1.29. So if you download more than ten songs on Rhapsody, you have saved money. That was appealing but i don't have money to buy songs on iTunes or Rhapsody, and that was when the next thing about was revealed. When you open a new acount on Rhapsody, you get a free week of downloading as many songs as you want or can. That was amazing! I couldn't believe that all the songs I had wanted off iTunes were availible for free off of rhapsody. So, for the past two days, I have gone on a buying spree, download hundreds of songs and whole albums from my favorite bands. And I still have five days left to take advantage of this great deal. But what happens afterwards is the question. I don't have the money to pay every month but I want to make sure that I don't have to pay to keep my free songs. I have tried my best to load them on to iTunes but all my attemps have failed. My hope is that the app will still exist and I can put it in permanent off line mode so that I can still have my songs and it will never know that I haven't paid. I also wish I could get all the songs I want too. When I tried to get the Beatles songs and the Eagles songs I wanted, I found that you could only get tribut band and kareoke versions of the songs. Those are alright but they aren't the originals so I need to buy them on iTunes still. Besides that small set back however, I am much happier with the way Rhapsody works than iTunes and I am using an iPod to write this. So my apologies to apple but I feel that those of you who can should switch to Rhapsody. It is much more cost effective and the free trial is unmatched. My suggestion is that you don't change until you know you will have time to sit and download song for a week so that the free trial is better used. I realized my mistake to late and now I will lose some of the time that I would have used to get songs to take tests and go to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment