Sunday, May 9, 2010

Prom

Last Saturday was Prom at my school and it was amazing. We have a Senior prom only but since I am dating a senior I got to go. It was a really big thing and It took a lot of work to figure out. But it was all worth it in the end

The problem with figuring things out was that my girlfriend is a part time senior. She is home schooled for half of the time and is at school for the other part. This caused a problem because she didn't get the information about getting tickets or tables until really late. We ended up sitting at a table with couples we didn't know but that was fine because we got to talk to each other more that way.

The next step was finding a dress and a tux. she found her dress about two weeks before prom. I already had a tux so all I had to find was a vest and tie that would match her dress or a bow tie and cumber bun. Her dress was a light pink color it simple yet elegant and she looked great in it. I knew that I shouldn't get anything light purple or it might be too close to her color but not match. I decided to get a dark purple color instead. The problem was that no one in town had just a purple vest availible or a bow tie and cumber bun. We finally found a place: Center Stage Costume Shop. They had a bow tie and cumber bun that were perfect so we snatched them up before they were gone with all the rest of the purple vests.

the night of prom I went over to her house to take pictures. My mom came too and we had a small photo shoot. about ten minutes into the half hour we had planned, we ran out of poses and the will to take pictures so we headed out for the diner. We ate at Elmcrest Country Club. The food was delicious and the chocolate cake was heavenly.

After the meal the dance began. I knew that I wanted this night to be special for her since it was her senior prom so I requested our song: Music of My Heart by N*SYNC and Gloria Estafan. The DJ said he would play it and he did. I will never forget the look on her face when the song came on and she realized what it was. She was so happy and I was happy too. That was probably the best part of the dance. But we had fun and we were some of the last people to leave the dance.

Then came post prom. it was amazing. There was bowling, food, and poker. After blowing all my fake money in poker and watching my girlfriend win two teddy bears out of the claw machine ( one of which she gave to me) it was time for the hypnotist show. It was fun to watch him make our friends do crazy things that they would never do if they were awake. After a great show, we headed home. We didn't want the night to end but like all good things, it did. I will never forget that night and how much fun it was. I can't wait till my senior prom. I'm sure it will be even better than this.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for provide great informatic and looking beautiful blog, really nice required information & the things i never imagined Marriage certificate ,
    Marriage certificate in delhi!

    ReplyDelete