Friday, May 14, 2010

How can I make them Proud?

Recently, there have been lots of award presentations for Theatre and Choir. These banquets are long and not exciting unless you actually get awards. In the past, I have done well at these events. I have recieved best in section for choir, best new member, soloist, and others. But this year was different. I was in a choir with seniors, so best in section would have been hard to get. Other people were better than me, so best new member was out too. I didn't have a solo, and all that combined made it a pretty boring night. I was sad that I didn't get these awards, but what I missed most was that I did not get the Baritone Belt of Power. This award is given to a junior baritone after a long speech that is very humorous. I felt like I had a good shot at getting it because I was an All-State Baritone, but appearently that doesn't matter. Instead it went to someone who was in chamber choir, a feat I have yet to accomplish. All of this made me sad but what made me even more depressed about it was my dad.



After walking out of those long awards, my dad was not happy that we got nothing. I don't know why but he found lots to criticize about the way I did things to explain why I had failed to accomplish anything. I know that he wasn't mad at me but I did my best so it felt like he was. I got a choir all-state and two speech all-states this year, and yet, because I didn't get recognition for anything, my dad was upset. I have made a plan, or at least started a plan, to take my school by storm and win as many awards as I can next year. I will make my dad proud of me, make no mistake about that.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure he's proud of you. There's so much to be proud of you for! Just cuz the awards don't work out the way you planned doesn't mean you didn't accomplish anything, cuz you did. Mr. Ziegler even said you had improved a ton and was really impressed with you!
    As for the baritone belt, I know you deserved that. I was shocked that you didn't get it. It should have been yours, no questions asked.
    Maybe you didn't get it cuz you have so much baritone belting power that the belt couldn't handle it, and it would explode. :3
    Anyway, I'm proud of you. And I think you should be proud of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog :) I really like the way you think.. send me a message ringing_strings@yahoo.com lets chat :) check me out, I'm ringingstrings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Nice blog. I really love it. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also .Rajput & Legal Law Firm is a top-notch law firm that offers the best process for Tatkal Marriage, Same day Marriage, Court Marriage, intercaste marriage, & Marriage Registration, etc. In case you are planning to do Tatkal Marriage in Pithoragarh, call us on +91-9613134200 and get the most advice for getting a Marriage Certificate in less time. Our lawyer team offers the best assistance to every client

    ReplyDelete