Sunday, January 10, 2010

The First Attempt

Yesterday, my show choir attend Viterbo show choir competition. Since it was such a long drive, we literally spent an entire 24 hours at the competition and driving there and back. This was a great contest and I really enjoyed how well it was run.

My school received sixth and third in the finals for our prep and varsity respectively and we had the best male soloist in the varsity group. That was amazing for our school and especially our prep group who deserves to compete with varsity groups. They should tones of improvement in their show from when I had last seen it and I couldn't be more proud. They are upholding the groups name well. I was also happy with how my group did. Although I love to win and am a competitive person, I felt that I learned a lot about our show and what we can work onto get better before Linn-mar Supernova next Saturday. I also realized that it really doesn't matter if you win as long as you perform your best show. I think that the finals performance that we gave was the best show we had done yet this year. I know that we can do better but this was the first competition of the year and we can only get better from now on. This was also the first time in the groups history that we have been ready this early. I think that our director was right in saying that just the fact that we performed was a win for the group. I think that we really came together as a group yesterday. We were more like a family and our leaders really shined during the pep talks. This competition taught us how to be a show choir and left us hungry for more. Viterbo = third, Linn-mar = who knows.

If you want follow how show choirs are ranked through the year click here. This is a great site that has actual ways of figuring out which show choirs are best.

No comments:

Post a Comment