Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Perfect Station

I am a very eclectic music listener. I love most types of music even if I don't like every song. That is a problem when I want to listen to the radio. How do you choose a station when you will only hear one type of music? The answer came to me in an online radio called pandora.com. Pandora asks you to give it a song or an artist's name. The station then looks at every song it has and picks songs by the same artist or in the same style. You can make multiple stations to have different types of music availible. By doing that you can switch from one type of music to another with one click. Not only that, but you can tell the site which songs it plays that you don't like and which you do. It figures out which songs are similar to each when it decides what to play after that so you eventually only hear songs that you will like. can this site do any wrong? It tells you about each artist, album, song, and the lyrics so you can sing along. You can buy the songs that you like, you can post your station on facebook, twitter, etc. it is hard to find anything I don't like. I only wish you could replay songs but it is still a radio station even though it is awsome. I highly suggest it to everyone, especially music fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment