Thursday, March 18, 2010

Our Song

Do you know in all of those movies where there is a couple and they have "their song?" I have never actually understood that because I haven't ever had a song for my relationships. But I finally found that feeling!

In December last year, I started dating Briana Larson. I realized that I really do love her differently than anyone else I have ever dated. After a few months of dating, she introduced me to a song that she thought was really amazing. It was "Music of My Heart" by N*Sync and Gloria Estefan. I thought it was a good song but I didn't really listen then.



It wasn't until Jefferson High School's Show Choir Invitational that I truly learned why that song was special. At show choir competitions, they can sometimes sell shout outs. Shout outs are small messages that you want to say to one of the group members. My school had TONS of shout outs. I was about to stop listening when I heard my name. It was from Briana! I can't remember everything that it said but what I do remember is that she said " You are the Music of my heart," and that was when I figured it all out. That quote, although it proved that that was our song, was the basis for couples having a song. It is to show their love for each other through another media. Love has been said to make your heart sing, so you have to have a song that it sings when you are in love.

So, if you are looking for your song, try to listen to your heart and what it sings when you are together. Your song should be the music of your love just like Briana is the "Music of my Heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment